Thursday 24 January 2013

Mathematics - 3 dimensional shapes



This week in Maths, class 4 have been learning about the main features of common 3 dimensional shapes. What are the 3 dimensions of a three dimensional shape? If a face is a feature of a 3D shape what are the others? What 3D shapes do you remember learning about this week? Which 3D shape could have cast this shadow in the photo above? Do you agree or disagree with your classmates suggestions? Thanks to Mr. Worbey for helping take the photo!

10 comments:

  1. The three dimensions of a 3D shape are faces, edges and vertices. We have learnt about a sphere, triangular prism and cuboid. The shadow is a cube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound pretty positive Sam! I wonder if your classmates agree with you? So, class four, is it definitely a cube?

      Delete
    2. i agree its a cube too. it could be a square based prism.

      Delete
    3. No because we did a square based pyramid at school on the same board so I think it's that!

      Delete
    4. I disagree because I think the 3 dimensions of a 3D shape is the height the width and the depth. It could be a square based pyramid, a cube or a cuboid.

      Delete
    5. I agree Ss it could be a cube because the faces are all even so I'm positive that it's a cube

      Delete
    6. I disagree with LL because when we did the square based pyramid Mr.M could of changed it.

      Delete
  2. Hey LH, did you ever think that I might have chosen another shape when you went home and asked Mr Worbey to help me with the photo? So what else could it be? Does anybody agree with SS that it MUST be a cuboid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you because you could of changed and I agree with SS

      Delete
  3. I think it could be a cube,cuboid or a square based pyramid because they all have squared facesand the shadow is a square.

    ReplyDelete